Recorded at the renowned Capitol Studios (Los Angeles/USA), Decades SDX features a total of 5 different drum sets, all carefully selected to represent the legendary drum sounds of the countless Grammy-winning milestones of Al Schmitt's 70+ decade career. The result is an extremely diverse palette of drum sounds of the highest sonic quality and unprecedented nuance. These sounds are not only a sonic legacy of an impressive life's work and over seven decades of successful work and experience at the absolute pinnacle of the music industry. They also reflect Al Schmitt's own personal selection of the legendary drum sounds that most comprehensively represent his impressive discography and career.
From jazz and big band to rock, fusion, pop, funk and AOR, the Decades SDX features the authentic drum sounds of all those musical styles found in Al Schmitt's impressive and unique life's work.
The code provided by us with the invoice, must be registered as a new product in the free to create Toontrack user account at www.toontrack.com. After that, the complete download of the software is possible directly from the Toontrack user account/product manager.
- Soundlibrary extension for Superior Drummer 3.
- Recorded and produced by Al Schmitt (23 Grammys as engineer/producer)
- Recorded at Capitol Studios in Hollywood/Los Angeles, USA
- 5 complete drum sets and a wide selection of additional snares, bass drums and cymbals
- 11 drumset configurationsj in elaborate multi-microphony
- 9 bass drums, 12 snare drums, 4 hi-hats, 28 cymbals, 11 racktoms, 8 floortoms
- Drumsets: Slingerland, Leedy, Pearl, Yamaha, Ludwig
- Includes several legendary original instruments (e.g. Jeff Porcaro's personal snare drum featured on "Rosanna" and "Africa", Steve Ferrone's personal drum set, etc.)
- Includes full drum sets sampled with brushes and mallets
- High quality drum sets from the early 1920s to the late 1990s
- Includes 42 mix-ready presets perfect for jazz, big band, rock, pop, fusion, soul, funk & AOR created by Al Schmitt and Toontrack
- Recorded with 7 additional room microphones for perfect playback in stereo or up to 9.1 surround systems
- Contains a very large selection of individually recorded genre-specific MIDI drum grooves/fills for jazz, big band, rock, pop, fusion, soul, funk & AOR
- Download approx. 100GB (Compressed with Toontrack's own TCP algorithm)