Ableton Live is a software with which you'll develop musical ideas, turn them into finished songs and bring them to the stage. With the effects, instruments, sounds and numerous functions included in Live, you'll have everything you need to make any type of music.
Organize your ideas along a timeline in Arrangement View or improvise freely in Live's Session View. Warping allows you to change the tempo and timing of audio in real time - without stopping the music. Record MIDI, physical instruments, vocals, or other audio, and use Live's creative features to polish your performance, develop new ideas, or turn spontaneous moments into music.
Create your own sound using Live's wide selection of instruments and effects, and shape something new from a diverse collection of curated Packs. Because Live makes changes in real time and is fully customizable, it's also perfect for improvising on stage and just playing away - adapt the software to your needs, not the other way around.
- Multitrack audio recording and MIDI sequencing of software and hardware instruments.
- Unique Session View for nonlinear composing, flexibility, and improvisation on stage.
- Real-time audio warping: Automatically synchronize music and loops independent of the original tempo.
- MIDI mapping for hardware controllers to play directly on stage or in the studio - plus automatic mapping for popular models.
- Comping: Live 11 displays multiple passes of an audio or MIDI performance as individual takes.
- Edit linked tracks: Link multiple tracks and edit content in parallel.
- Group tracks: Mix flexibly with multiple group layers and organize complex arrangements.
- Audio to MIDI: Extract harmonies, melodies, or beats from audio and convert to MIDI.
- Dynamic tempo adjustment: Live can automatically adjust the tempo to the incoming audio signal.
- Note and velocity probability: Play with the probability of notes and drum hits and determine the range of random velocity changes - for surprising variations that sound subtle and human.
- Instrument Racks: Combine multiple instruments and effects into a single application.
- MIDI Effect Racks: Combine multiple MIDI effects into a single application.
- Extensive selection of built-in audio effects for creative sound design, mixing, or mastering.
- Advanced sampling and slicing tools.
- VST2, VST3, and audio device support.
- MIDI Polyphonic Expression (MPE): Use MPE-enabled controllers to control multiple parameters of each note in real time for expressive results.
- Groove engine adds swing to audio and MIDI signals or extracts their rhythm.
- Import and export video: Import video as a clip and save it as modified video and audio.
Instruments, effects and sounds
- 6 software instruments: Simpler, Impulse, Drum Rack and Drum Synths as well as Instrument Racks and connection to external instruments
- 36 audio and 13 MIDI effects
- Over 1800 sounds
- More than 10 GB of loops and samples
Technical features / compatibility
- Non-destructive editing with unlimited recall
- Highest quality multitrack recording: up to 32 bit/192 kHz
- Automatic latency compensation for plug-ins
- Ableton Link integration
- MPE support
- Remote control via MIDI with automatic assignments
- MIDI output to hardware synthesizers
- MIDI clock and sync
- Supports multicore and multiprocessor systems
- Supports WAV, AIFF, MP3, Ogg Vorbis, and FLAC files
- Unlimited audio and MIDI tracks
- Unlimited scenes
- 12 send and return tracks
- 256 audio inputs, 256 audio outputs
- Support for REX files
- POW-r dithering
- Groove Pool and Groove Extraction
- Capture MIDI