When developing the FET Compressor, Softube's goal was to create the best and most accurate emulation of the most famous solid state compressor. A great deal of effort was put into modelling the real hardware to ensure that the emulation sounds exactly as good as its model. Every single part, every step of the simulation contributes to this unique result: The extremely fast attack, the subtle (and sometimes not so subtle) distortion of the individual circuits and assemblies of the compressor, as well as the extremely careful treatment and processing of the signal through the complete signal path.
- modelled analogue compressor, input and output stages. Everything "modelled"
- modelled "All buttons in" mode
- Stepless ratio (even between 20:1 and ALL.)
- Extremely fast attack time (just like the original)
- Screamy distortion of input and output stages
- parallel compression
- High- and low-pass filters in the detector-.circuit
- external side chain
- "Lookahead" - advanced compression
- stereo with synchronised gain reduction
- very CPU-friendly
- Native (VST/AU/RTAS)
The licence code is delivered by email, usually on the same or the following working day. An internet connection is required to download the purchased item from the manufacturer's website.