With the 551 Inductor EQ, Rupert Neve Designs simultaneously takes a step forward and a step back. Backward in the sense that it harkens back to familiar 1970s designs, and forward in the sense that the 551 optimizes vintage circuitry with today's best components. The 3-band EQ offers an HF shelf/peak band, an LF shelf/peak band, and a parametric midband, as well as an 80Hz LoCut filter.As with its legendary vintage predecessors, the 551 uses a coil filter to equalize the midrange. The advantage of an inductor circuit over a capacitor circuit is the incredibly musical sound it develops when driven into saturation. This allows the 551 to add unparalleled punch and personality to the signal, far beyond standard frequency processing.
- 3-band induction coil EQ
- Low-EQ: +/-15dB shelf or peak, selectable for 35Hz, 60Hz, 100Hz or 220Hz
- Mid-EQ: +/-15dB with 6 center frequencies: 200Hz, 350Hz, 700Hz, 1.5kHz, 3kHz and 6kHz; with High Peak switch to increase Q factor
- HiShelf: +/-15dB shelf or peak, selectable for 8kHz and 16kHz
- LoCut: 12dB/octave at 80Hz
- Rupert Neve Custom Transformer