The API Adio 2500 is a stereo bus compressor/summing compressor in 19"rack format.
- Stereo bus / summing compressors
- can be varied in 6 steps from 100% (stereo) to 0% dual mono mode with the stereo coupling function
- Side chain control signal can be influenced with a high and low pass filter. The "Old / New" Style compression function makes this compressor flexible and musical
- "Old" Style modifies the Side Chain circuit to a so-called "Feedback Type" circuitry, which can also be found in API 525, UREI, EAR or Fairchild compressors
- "New" style enables - as the name of this function suggests - the compression characteristics of many modern VCA compressors. Unique is the use of the patented "Thrust"- circuit, which gives the bass a lot of punch. This function can be attenuated with a 2dB/per octave high-pass filter or completely removed from the signal path with the bypass switch
- The output stage of the compressor has an "Auto Gain Make Up" with which you can change the compression ratio and threshold without affecting the output level. This function can also be deactivated via bypass if you want to work with the conventional output level controls
- The Output Trim compensates for level differences between the left and right output signal within a range of 2 dB
- The Threshold covers a range from -20 to + 10dB
- The Attack time ranges between 0.03 ms and 30 ms, the Release time between 50ms and 3 sec.
- The API 2500 also offers hard, medium and soft knee compression.
- Like all API products, the API 2500 Bus Compressor is built using discrete transistor technology