The active front capsule requires 48V phantom power and, at 4.4 mV / Pa, has almost the same sensitivity as a condenser microphone. With its active circuitry, the OD505’s sound is always consistent, regardless of the internal resistance of the microphone preamplifier or length of connecting cables.
The passive lower capsule is polarity-rotated, it senses and eliminates unwanted handling noise. This state-of-the-art dual capsule design, together with the selectable 2nd order high-pass filter makes the OD505 practically immune to noise such as handling noises, bumps and stage knocks.
The OD505 also includes another Austrian Audio proprietary development: The 3D Pop Noise Diffuser. This filter is specially designed for the OD505 and effectively reduces the impact of plosives.
Ambient noise can be a major problem in many live situations. Therefore, the OD505 features a tight supercardioidpattern offering a superb off-axis rejection, ensuring maximum gain before feedback, focusing on the vocal signal in front of the microphone.
- Active dynamic circuit increases the sensitivity to condenser microphone level, which ensures always consistent sound, regardless of the impedance of the microphone preamp & cable invariant frequency response
- A rugged die-cast body and robust protection for the most challenging live environments
- A proprietary 3D Pop Noise Diffuser for outstanding pop noise suppression
- A switchable second-order high-pass filter
- incl. OCH1 Mic Clip & MSC1 Carry Case
- Polar pattern: Supercardioid
- Frequency Range: 35 Hz –16 kHz
- Sensitivity: 4.4 mV/Pa
- Max. SPL: 154 dB SPL
- Low cut filter: 120 Hz (2nd order)
- Impedance: 275 Ω (symmetrical)
- Load impedance: > 1 kΩ
- Supply voltage: 48 V (< 1 mA)
- Main Connector: XLR 3 pin
- Dimensions:194 x 53 x 53 mm
- Weight: 340 g
Dynamic Vocal Microphone