Following in the footsteps of the titans, the KORG NAUTILUS makes use of the nine sound engines of the KORG Kronos and guarantees a completely new and very clear operating concept. The simple and elegant design of the new synthesizer guarantees an excellent overview of all areas, quick access to excellent sounds as well as flexible functions and offers the highest ease of use.
The synthesizer's sounds are divided into three important categories, with "standard", "current" and "unique" sounds giving the instrument a distinctive character. The latest generation of processors gets far more out of the nine advanced sound engines than has ever been possible before. The SGX-2 piano sound engine, familiar from the Kronos, has been expanded in the NAUTILUS to include additional grand piano sounds. In addition to the ability to adjust string resonances and gradation in 12 different velocity levels as desired, it also offers the option of changing the hall acoustics of the respective instrument. The SGX-2 and all other sound engines, such as the EP-1 electric piano engine, the CX-3 drawbar engine, the HD-1 PCM engine, the MS-20EX analog modeling engine, the PolysixEX modeling engine, the AL-1 analog modeling engine, the MOD-7 VPM/FM sound engine, and the STR-1 physical modeling engine, as well as all associated parameters, can be set to the desired sound quality.All associated parameters can be easily configured via the 7" TouchView display with 800 x 480 pixel resolution or via the retractable knobs in the control panel.
If you ever need help locating the corresponding sound in the instrument, the search and preview function makes it easy to sift through all the sounds, which are based on over 1,770 multisamples. Your own favorite sounds and combinations that you often use can be saved in a favorites list using "asterisks". So you have your favorite sounds at hand in a flash. The NAUTILUS also offers six freely programmable quick-access buttons that can lead directly to certain menus or functions. Four preset settings and four user assignments are available here.
A polyphonic arpeggiator with over 1,500 presets, a drum track with over 1,200 patterns and a step sequencer are available in every mode and enhance music-making in a contemporary way in combination with the new sounds. All settings can be configured perfectly for live use, saved and recalled later in the set list mode. An indispensable function in live operation.
The total of 16 effects processors and the 3-band EQ for each individual track are also easy to access thanks to the new operating concept. The expressiveness of a sound can also be perfectly adjusted to the respective requirement using the separate Dynamics control in the control panel. In this way, sounds can be played either very dynamically and elegantly or punchily with less dynamic range in no time at all, in order to assert themselves more effectively.
In addition, the instrument comes with a download code for an extensive and free range of additional software. In addition to KORG software instruments, this package includes the "Ozone Elements" software from iZotope, a "Reason Lite" DAW software and the "Skoove" learning software.
- 9 modernized sound engines of the Kronos workstation
- New operating concept with Mode and Quick Access buttons
- 7" TouchView display (800 x 480 pixels) with dark mode
- Realtime knobs (retractable) for sound editing
- Polyphonic arpeggiator, drum track and step sequencer (4 scenes each)
- Set list mode for perfect live performances
- Search and preview function for sounds and combinations
- Favorite sound function to set favorite sounds
- 3-band EQ for each track (midi and audio)
- Smooth Sound Transition - prevents dropouts when changing sounds
- Dynamics control for expressive sound settings
- Sampling function for custom sound creation
- 16-track audio recording (24bit, 48kHz)
- 16 effect processors, 2 master effect paths and 2 total effects
- USB type A for midi controller and keyboard connection
- USB type B for USB midi and audio
- 61-key keyboard with lightly weighted keys
- Free software bundle (KORG software instruments, Reason Lite, Ozone Elements, Skoove)
- Dimensions: 106.2 x 38.6 x 11.6 cm
- Weight: 13 kg
LINE OUT L/R - jack 6.3mm
LINE IN - Jack 6.3mm
USB to Device
USB to Host
Sounds & Rhythms
Multi Effect Processor
Recording & Player