The "real" Oberheim sound
For the first time in over 40 years, the legendary analogue Oberheim sound returns.
The OB-X8 sounds like a classic Oberheim because it is a classic Oberheim. Its 100% analogue audio circuitry blends into the mix like no other synth.
The OB-X8's audio signal path is completely analogue, full of warmth and power. It's the same unmistakable Oberheim sound that made legendary songs like Prince's "1999", Van Halen's "Jump" or Rush's "Tom Sawyer" so unforgettable. And now it's your turn to take your own music to a new level.
The classic OB Series factory sounds you've heard on countless recordings are all included in the OB-X8. But that's just the beginning: our network of world-class sound designers has created a host of stunning new sounds especially for the OB-X8. And because the OB-X8 has a clear and easy-to-understand structure, you can create and save your own sounds in a flash.
Three in one
The OB-X8 combines the three different sound architectures of the OB-X,
OB-Xa, and OB-8 in a single instrument. The individual filter types and other characteristic features of each model have been faithfully reproduced to provide an authentic and unique OB experience.
In addition, the individual elements of the originals can also be combined and mixed to create sounds that were never possible with the original synths. Never before has there been an OB synth as versatile and powerful as the new OB-X8.
- Model: OB-X8
- Completely analogue signal path full of warmth and power
- 8-voice polyphony with sine, saw, square, triangle and noise
- Two discrete SEM-series VCOs per voice deliver the classic, punchy Oberheim sound
- Discrete SEM-Series VCFs deliver authentic OB-X sound and presence
- Real Curtis filters give the OB-Xa/OB-8 a powerful character
- Carefully modelled envelope responses match any OB model: OB-X, Ob-Xa, and OB-8
- 61-key velocity-sensitive FATAR keyboard provides unparalleled expressiveness and responsiveness
- Bi-timbral option allows two presets simultaneously for splits and doubles
- More than 600 factory presets, including all factory sounds for the OB-X, Ob-Xa and OB-8
- Integrated fan- and heat sink-free power supply unit
- Genuine walnut side panels
- High-resolution OLED display allows patch management and easy access to advanced features
- Classic Oberheim pitch and mod levers allow expressive note bending, vibrato and access to arpeggiator functions
- Additional SEM filter modes extend the classic OB-X filter with high-pass, band-pass and notch functions
- Vintage knob allows variable variability from voice to voice to emulate the behaviour of vintage instruments
- Velocity sensitivity adds expressive power to the volume and filter
- Channel aftertouch allows performance-based modulation in real time
- Improved unison allows variable stacking from 1-8 voices
- Adjustable pulse width per oscillator allows for richer and more vibrant timbres
- Programmable panorama per voice allows for wider stereo presence
- Variable oscillator and noise levels
- LFO keyboard tracking allows variation of LFO speed per note
- Outputs: L/R stereo and mono
- Pedal inputs: volume, sustain, filter and arpeggiator
- MIDI In, Out, Thru
- Dimensions: 1028.7mm W x 423.4mm D x 149.1mm H
- Weight: 12.74kg
LINE OUT L/R
USB to Host
Sounds & Rhythms
Recording & Player
USB to Device