The SP-404MKII Stones Throw Limited Edition is the result of a collaboration between two legends of music culture. The SP sampler in collaboration with Stones Throw Records is more than a simple tool, but a work of art. With its custom front panel, exclusive content from the Stones Throw artist catalogue, and collector's vinyl and mixtapes, this groundbreaking release celebrates the creative spirit of independent musicians around the world.
The exclusive model features a custom Stones Throw front panel and special packaging. Both were designed by Jeff Jank, the legendary art director and illustrator behind major label releases. The high quality aluminium front panel with a mirror finish embodies the spirit of Stones Throw and the SP-404MKII.
In recognition of this momentous partnership, the SP-404MKII Stones Throw Limited Edition features additional content not available anywhere else. Firstly, a 7'' vinyl featuring two real boards by Kiefer and Mndsgn, each created with their own SP soundbanks. The other is a mixtape cassette by DJ icon J.Rocc featuring an exclusive mix of the SP-404MKII x Stones Throw artists.
Roland SP samplers are the undisputed kings of beatmaking performance. With their multiple functions and mobile designs, they act as creative fuel for creative musicians who are always on the go. The SP-404MKII embodies the latest generation of the long-lasting series: maximum performance thanks to the latest technical developments and updates based on input from the worldwide SP community.
- Limited Edition
- Brilliant OLED display for visual waveform editing, full menu access and more
- 17 velocity-sensitive RGB pads with no-click design for a smooth playing experience
- Fast workflow with faster start-up and load times, 16GB internal memory, low-latency pads and lightning-fast sample editing
- Compact, ultra-lightweight design (1.2 kg) with flexible power supply: USB-C, powerbank support (via USB-C port), 6x AA batteries or mains adapter
- Huge selection of built-in effects, including SP classics like the Vinyl Simulator and DJFX Looper, new Lo-Fi, Cassette Simulator and Resonator effects, Vocoder, Auto Pitch and guitar amp simulations for the Mic/Guitar input
- 32-voice polyphony, 160 samples per project, 16 internal projects for extended programming possibilities
- Integrated sample editing in real-time or auto chop mode, automatic BPM detection, envelope, pitch shift and resampling for layering sounds and phrases
- Pre-installed sound library with 144 high-quality, professionally recorded samples and patterns
- Wide range of customisation options thanks to removable metal front panel, downloadable pattern template, various screen savers and personalisable start-up logos
- Advanced inputs and outputs: 6.3 mm line in/out, 6.3 mm mic/guitar in, 6.3 mm and 3.5 mm headphone outputs and 3.5 mm TRS MIDI in/out
- New resampling workflow for re-recording with various effects for detailed sound design
- Audio recording and streaming via mobile devices and computers via USB-C*.
- Enable back-sampling to automatically capture the last 25 seconds of your performance as an audio file
- Bus FX for layering multiple effects, including customisable routing for creating complex sound textures
- Adjustable quantisation and shuffle percentage across multiple note values for customised swing characteristics
- Pattern sequencer allows you to create complete songs with BPM per bank - ideal for playing backing tracks or programming performances
- Combine patterns for automatic playback and use Pad Link to trigger up to four samples with a single keystroke
- DJ mode offers new approaches to live performance by editing and mixing two separate audio files
- SP-404MKII editor software for Mac OS and Windows provides direct sample access, precise waveform editing, sample management, pad assignment and import of MIDI files as well as old SP-404SX and SP-404A projects
- incl. 10 banks of new music Kiefer, Sudan Archives, Mndsgn, J.Rocc and DJ Harrison
- incl. collectibles: Vinyl & Mixtape by Stone Throw artists.
- Dimensions: 17,7 x 27,6 x 7,0 cm
- Weight: 1,1 kg
LINE OUT L/R - jack 6.3mm
LINE IN - Jack 6.3mm
Sounds & Rhythms
Reverb / Delay
Recording & Player