A synthesiser of the new generation
As the name suggests, the Mono is a monophonic synthesiser with extremely versatile and performance-oriented digital control. At the heart of the compact synthesiser is a pure analogue signal path with uniquely designed circuit blocks.
Each individual synthesis parameter can be controlled with a modulator to allow for an extremely wide variety of sounds, far beyond that of a normal mono synthesiser. In addition, the random function allows the mono's synthesis engine to be explored in a new way. These functions were developed specifically for musicians to open up new possibilities and avenues for their creativity.
Focus on synthesis blocks
The Mono's sound generation is versatile and full of character. Whether gently detuned sine tones or violently modulated sawtooth waves. It offers two analogue oscillators with continuously adjustable waveforms, through-zero frequency modulation, fine tuning and hard sync.
The filter block was designed with sound character and originality in mind. With the Mono's filter, the oscillator's output can be shaped in any way imaginable. In addition to classic functions such as key tracking and envelope intensity, the Mono has a self-oscillating filter that is tuned to the oscillators. The unique filter has low-pass, high-pass and band-pass.
A world of modulations
Mono introduces contextual modulation, a unique modulation system that gives complete control over individual parameters. Each parameter has its own envelope and audio frequency modulator. Simply touching a knob to select the underlying parameter already unleashes the full creative potential of the mono. More than simple LFOs, the X-modulators can instead be set to audio frequency, allowing FM to be applied to the desired parameters.
From simple note sequences to complex phrases with parameter automation, the internal sequencer allows creative music-making without limitations.
The sequencer has been specifically designed to allow extensive variation of sequences by recording automations for almost any parameter.
In addition, the Mono's powerful clocking system is extremely versatile, whether in the studio, in live situations or in DJ sets.
The Mod Note mode allows you to control different user sounds per note. Up to 40 user-defined temporary patches or timbres can be created, played and recorded per project.
The compact synthesiser offers random functions to support the creative process. There are several randomize options, including Randomize Page, Step, Parameter, Accent, Slide and Mod Note.
Always on the safe side: with Mono's Undo-Redo function, up to 1024 actions can be undone. With its 1 GB internal flash memory, Mono stores 32 projects with 64 patterns each.
- Model: Mono
- Fully analogue synthesis engine
- Two continuously variable VCOs
- Through-Zero Frequency Modulation
- 18 dB state variable multimode filter
- 13 dedicated AD envelopes
- 20 multi-mode modulators
- 2048 patterns with patch memory
- Automation: 3200 events per pattern
- 40 user patches or timbres per project with mode note
- Fully analogue signal path
- 2x analogue oscillators
- Continuously variable waveforms
- Through-Zero frequency modulation
- Filter overdrive
- 3-pole multimode filter
- Infinitely variable filter tones
- Main ADSR envelope
- Controls: 13x dedicated AD envelopes, 20x dedicated modulators
- Modulators: 4 waveforms, type settings: Free/Synced/Audio rate, Audio rate anti-aliased, quantised to OSC1 Free from 0.1 to 80 sec.
- Envelope: Decay segment from 10 us to 20 s
- Up to 64 steps per pattern
- Length/Scale/Beat division per pattern
- Microshift/Ratchet/Probability per step
- Play modes: 9 play styles, 3 play modes
- Parameter automation per step (offsets)
- Undo/Redo with 1024 events
- Mod Note mode
- Quick loading/saving of projects independent of the clock
- Quantised note random generator
- Random generator for automation parameters
- Step randomiser
- Mod note randomiser Microshift/Probability/Ratchet randomiser
- 32 projects
- 64 patterns with patch memory per project
- 3200 automatable parameters per pattern
- 40 Mod Notes per project
- power consumption: approx. 10 W
- High-quality power supply included (15 V DC, 1 A)
- balanced audio output: output level: +15 dBu maximum, output impedance: 200 Ohm
- CV outputs: Voltage range: -8 V/+8 V, 1 V/oct Resolution: 3 cents of a semitone
- 23x illuminated potentiometers
- 24x illuminated, noiseless mechanical push-buttons
- 23x 808-style buttons
- MIDI In/Out/Thru
- 1/4" balanced main audio output
- 2x 1/8" Eurorack clock/reset inputs
- 2x 1/8" Eurorack CV outputs
- 2x 1/8" Eurorack gate outputs
- 48 kHz internal CV D/A converter
- Flash-EEPROM updatable OS
- Class Compliant USB MIDI port
- Machined aluminium front panel
- ABS PC back panel
- Dimensions: 320 mm x 150 mm x 42 mm
- Weight: approx. 1.6 kg
LINE OUT L/R
Sounds & Rhythms
Recording & Player