In addition to the new and innovative oscillator engine, COBALT8 features a new morphable 4-pole ladder filter with four different modes. Other highlights include Modal's extensive modulation options, an inspiring realtime/step sequencer, the flexible arpeggiator, MPE compatibility, studio-quality effects and the proven MODALapp integration. This makes COBALT8 the perfect synthesizer for anyone who wants to play a versatile electronic musical instrument with vintage synthesizer sounds and also enter new sonic dimensions.
The COBALT8M is the compact rack version of the COBALT8 and comes with two rack ears for installation in a 19" rack.
- 8-voice polyphonic
- 64 high-resolution virtual analog oscillators, up to 8 per voice. Two independent oscillator groups with sine, pulse, triangle and sawtooth waveforms, 34 different algorithms including: complex analog synthesis techniques, integrated crossmodulation (SYNC, RM and many others), PWM, smooth morphing between VA waves, bit-crushing, filtered noise.
- Four-pole morphable ladder filter with resonance and four switchable configurations.
- Three dedicated envelope generators for AMP, MOD and FILTER that can be accessed independently or simultaneously, including negative (inverted) versions for MOD and FILTER ENVs. Three audio LFOs with tempo sync (two poly, one global) with seven different waveforms. Eight assignable modulation slots plus four fixed modulation routings for a total of 12 modulation sources and 55 modulation destinations.
- Sequencer and arpeggiator
- Polyphonic real-time 512-note sequencer with four additional tracks for parameter animation.
- Flexible and programmable arpeggiator with 32 steps and pause function. Complex progressions with up to 2048 steps possible before repeating.
- Three independent, powerful and user-configurable stereo FX engines for chorus, phaser, flanger (pos), flanger (neg), tremolo, LoFi, rotary, stereo delay, ping-pong delay, X-over delay and reverb, which can be arranged in any order.
- 500 patch memories, all fully editable; 300 factory programs supplied
- 100 sequencer presets that can be linked to any patch for quick loading
- 100 FX presets
- 8 Quick Recall slots that can be accessed from the control panel to quickly load your favorite patches
- 6.3mm jack dual mono outputs, 6.3mm jack headphone output, 3.5mm jack stereo audio input, MIDI in / out, 3.5mm analog clock sync in & out, USB connector, 6.3mm jack expression pedal input, 6.3mm jack sustain pedal input
- Display: OLED display
- Power supply: DC 9V, 1.5A
- incl. 2x rack ears for installation in a 19" rack
- dimensions: 38,4 x 12,7 x 8,1 cm
- Weight: 2.1 kg
LINE OUT L/R - jack 6.3mm
USB to Device
Sounds & Rhythms
Multi Effect Processor
Recording & Player