Dreadbox presents Typhon, a beginner-friendly monophonic analog synthesizer that has it all. Named after the character from Greek mythology, Typhon lives up to its name and sweeps over everything like a warm yet dangerous whirlwind. The 2 ever-popular Dreadbox oscillators go spiritedly to work and are kept in check by a creamy 24 db filter. 12 digital DSP effects including distortion, chorus, reverb, delay and others from renowned developer Sinevibes put the icing on the cake and refine the excellent basic sound in an unobtrusive way.
The clever new hardware layout of the compact desktop synthesizer allows beginners a smooth start into analog "screwing". But even old hands will feel right at home and experience an enrichment of your setup with the Typhon thanks to complex modulation possibilities (3 modulators, 4 modes and 14 destinations) and a sophisticated 32 step sequencer including parameter automation.
The central Wave knob controls waveform, amplitude and routing of the two oscillators. With just a single knob you get the most interesting and useful combinations of both oscillators. The waves blend into each other instead of just switching.
Thanks to multifunctional display, endless encoder with pushbutton and 5 flat track knobs, every parameter is easily accessible. Full MIDI and CC implementation contribute to seamless integration in studio or live operation.
- Beginner-friendly layout
- 128 x 64 display
- 2 dreadbox VCO's
- Analog VCA's
- 24 db low pass filter
- 12 digital DSP effects (HQ 32bit @ 96kHz by Sinevibes )
- Distortion and Bit Crusher
- Chorus, Delay, Ping Pong, Reverb and Flanger
- 32 step note sequencer
- 3 modulators with 4 different modes (LFO, EG, Random, Parameter Step Sequencer) and 14 destinations
- 2 ADSR envelope generators for VCF and VCA
- 256 presets with import/export function
- Full midi and CC implementation via standard MIDI jack (currently not yet via USB - function update pending in Q3/2021)
- 3.5 mm audio input
- 3.5 mm headphone output
- Stereo 6.3 mm audio output (L/R)
- Audio/MIDI via USB
- USB (USB MIDI In/Out)
- MIDI IN/OUT 5-pin DIN
- USB A-B cable included
- Power supply via standard USB power supply (not included, min. 500 mA)
- Dimensions: 23 x 13 x 6 cm
- Weight: 1 kg
LINE OUT L/R - jack 6.3mm
AUX IN - Jack 3.5mm
Sounds & Rhythms