Orba 2 is the successor to Artiphon's award-winning Looper and Controller synthesiser. It has all the beloved features of the original, while offering numerous groundbreaking and long-awaited upgrades. Thanks to its new sample engine, any sound imaginable can now be played expressively. With the touch of a button in the Orba app, anything around you can be recorded and turned into an Orba preset: a bicycle bell, a singing bird or your roommate's great voice can be played, looped and shared as a musical melody.
Loops can be recorded directly on the device with Orba 2. Drums, bass, chord and lead can be layered to create unique songs. A quantise function matches musical phrases to the beat so that every moment fits perfectly into the groove. Since Orba 2 has significantly more memory than its predecessor, much longer songs can be created with up to 128 bars.
Orba 2's touch and motion sensors detect even the finest micro-movements. The improved ceramic-like playing surface responds simultaneously to the nine gestures: tap, press, beam, tilt, shake, turn, vibrato, move and bump. Each gesture can control the built-in synth engine or external MIDI music software. Thanks to the unprecedented expressive potential, no note is played the same way twice.
This also makes Orba 2 ideal for controlling MIDI-based software and hardware instruments (via USB-C or wirelessly via Bluetooth MIDI). Orba works with GarageBand, Ableton Live, Logic Pro, Pro Tools, Cubase, FL Studio and any MIDI-compatible mobile app. Orba is also fully MPE compatible, the new standard for MIDI Polyphonic Expression (MPE), allowing multiple independent note expressions.
- Model: Orba 2
- Portable synthesizer, sampler, looper and MIDI controller
- 8 sensitive touchpads detect velocity, vibrato and pressure
- Sample engine
- 8 multicolour LEDs
- Motion and position sensors detect waving, tilting, shaking, etc.
- Gestures: tap, press, beam, tilt, shake, rotate, vibrato, move and push
- Vibration motor for direct feedback
- Onboard MIDI looper with 4 tracks
- Songs up to 128 bars long
- 4-part polyphonic synthesiser with subtractive and physical modelling synths and 10 voices
- MPE MIDI support
- Bluetooth LE MIDI
- Orba app for managing songs, loops, samples and presets
- USB-C port (USB 2.0 Class Compliant Audio/MIDI)
- Headphone/line out 3.5 mm stereo jack
- Volume +/- button
- Power/BlueTooth button
- Built-in 1250 mAh Li-Po battery for approx. 4 hours of continuous operation
- Built-in speaker with 3 Watt music power
- USB-C-A cable included
- Dimensions: 81 mm x 48.5 mm
- Weight: 158 grams
Stereo Out - Jack 3,5 mm
USB to Device
Sounds & Rhythms
Recording & Player