The CN301 is the latest model in Kawai's CN series of digital pianos and the successor to the popular CN39 model.
The CN301 uses an improved version of the Responsive Hammer III keyboard with better key action and new key damping for quieter playing. The superb Shigeru Kawai SK-EX concert grand sound is now reproduced in even greater detail thanks to a newly designed power supply. The new Low Balance feature allows intelligent sound adjustment for maximum expression, especially at low volumes, and for the first time in the CN Series, 360° diffusers are used for the top speakers, ensuring optimal sound dispersion into the room. In addition, the CN301 is now equipped with Bluetooth audio connectivity, allowing wireless playback of audio songs from a smartphone/tablet through the CN301. The new features of the CN301 can be intuitively selected via the newly designed control panel with large OLED display. In addition, operation is also possible via Kawai's PianoRemote app and PiaBookPlayer app for iOS or Android to control sounds and settings or use Lesson Songs with a smart device.
Authentic playing feel
The Responsive Hammer III (RHIII) action of the CN301 digital piano has several features of a grand piano action that are essential for achieving a realistic feel. Thanks in no small part to the precise 3-sensor technology, the musician can expect a very natural playing feel. The keyboard weight is graduated to perceive the heavier bass hammers and lighter treble hammers of a mechanical piano, while structural reinforcements in the action ensure greater stability during fortissimo and staccato passages. In addition, the CN301 digital piano features "Ivory Touch" key surfaces from Kawai. They support playing by absorbing finger moisture. In addition, the CN301 keyboard is equipped with a pressure point simulation that provides perfect control when playing pianissimo.
The beautiful sounds of Kawai's SK-EX and EX concert grand pianos and SK5 grand piano are at the heart of Kawai's new CN301 model. All 88 keys of these exceptional instruments have been carefully recorded, precisely analysed and reproduced in a special process when played on the instrument. The individual recording of each key in this manner and their respective reproduction guarantee an excellent sound image with the character of the recorded concert grand pianos. Playing these sounds on the CN301 keyboard is a unique experience. The built-in reverb supports the beautiful sound very vividly and realistically. With the extensive possibilities of the Virtual Technician, the sounds can be perfectly adjusted. For example, you can individually adjust intonation, string resonance, damper resonance, damper noise, hammer noise and other details. With many new sounds such as the Shigeru Kawai SK5 grand piano, Electric Grand, new electric pianos, new harpsichord, etc., the CN301 is sure to impress.
In addition to the USB-to-host connection, the CN301 is also equipped with Bluetooth MIDI technology, which allows wireless communication with smart devices (e.g. smartphone or tablet). This gives you the ability to conveniently use a wide range of music-related apps such as the Kawai PianoRemote app or the PiaBookPlayer app in conjunction with your CN301 digital piano.
Or simply use the Bluetooth audio interface. Simply connect your smartphone to the CN301 and enjoy all your music directly through the CN301's speaker system. This is especially recommended for play-along.
USB to Device Functionality with MP3/WAV Recording and Playback
For example, you can save data directly to a USB memory device, or load data from a memory device directly into the instrument. This USB to Device functionality allows you to save Registrations and Songs (stored in the CN301's internal memory) to an external storage device, or play back MIDI files (SMF) stored on it directly with the instrument, without the need for additional hardware. Direct playback of songs by your favourite artists in MP3 or WAV format is also possible. You can also record your own playing in MP3 or WAV format and, for example, send it to your friends by e-mail, listen to the songs on a smartphone or PC, or burn them to CD on your PC.
The CN301 model is also equipped with a USB to host port that allows you to exchange MIDI data with a connected computer. In addition, the CN301 digital piano features a number of standard connections such as line-level outputs for connection to external amplifiers for sound reinforcement in large rooms or churches. The Line In connector allows an external audio source to be played through the CN301's speaker system.
The powerful Lesson function in the CN301 helps the up-and-coming pianist learn to play the piano by providing an integrated collection of typical piano lesson etudes by Beyer, Czerny, Burgmüller or Bach, as well as the well-known Alfred Piano courses. Each exercise title can be played with variable tempo and individual playback of the left or right hand before being recorded together with one's own playing for self-monitoring. There is also a four-hand mode that allows teacher and student to play simultaneously with the same octave position.
SHS Headphone System
Spatial Headphone Sound (SHS) is a special feature of the CN301 that adds spatial depth to the sound of the acoustic piano through headphones, and also enhances the listening experience over a longer period of time.
Adjustable music stand
The slope of the music stand can be adjusted to suit the player's position, just as on a concert grand piano. If required, the CN Series music stand can also be placed in a completely horizontal position.
Grand Feel Pedal System
The CN301 is equipped with the Grand Feel Pedal System. With this system developed by Kawai, the resistance when pressing the three pedals (sustain, soft and sostenuto) corresponds to the pedal feel of a Shigeru Kawai SK-EX concert grand piano. Attention was also paid to the correct positioning of the pedals.
- Model: CN 301 R
- Digital piano
- Colour: Rosewood
- Sound system: Progressive Harmonic Imaging™, 88 keys sampling
- 45 sounds
- Polyphony: 256 notes
- Virtual Technician: Smart Mode: 10 presets; Advanced Mode: intonation, damper resonance, damper noise, string resonance, undamped string resonance, cabinet resonance, Key-off Effect (incl. Key-Off Release), Hammer Release Noise, Hammer Delay, Grand Piano, Decay Time, Soft Pedal Intensity, Velocity Curves (incl. 2 User Curves), Temperament (incl. User Temperament), Basic Temperament Tone, Stretch Tuning, User Tuning, User Key Volume, Half-Pedal Adjust, Minimum Touch
- Keyboard Modes: Dual Mode, Split Mode, Four Hands Mode (incl. Volume/Balance Control)
- Reverb: Room, Lounge, Small Hall, Concert Hall, Live Hall, Cathedral; Parameters: Reverb Depth, Reverb Time
- Effects: Mono Delay, Ping Delay, Triple Delay, Chorus, Classic Chorus, Ensemble, Tremolo, Classic Tremolo, Vibrato Tremolo, Tremolo+Amp, Auto Pan, Classic Auto Pan, Auto Pan+Amp, Phaser+Auto Pan, Phaser, Classic Phaser, Phaser+Amp, Phaser+Chorus, Rotary (1~6); Parameters: Dry/Wet, Time, Speed, Mono/Stereo, Accel./Rotary Speed - Parameters depend on effect type.
- Tunings: Equal (Piano Only), Mersenne pure (Major), Mersenne pure (Minor), Pythagorean, Meantone, Werckmeister III, Kirnberger III, Equal (Flat), Equal (Stretch), USER.
- Keyboard: Responsive Hammer III
- Key material: Plastic
- Key surface: Ivory Touch
- Pressure point simulation
- Number of sensors: 3
- Touch curves: Light 1/2/3/4, Normal, Heavy 1/2/3/4, Off (constant), User Touch Curve
- Keyboard cover
- Metronome/ time signatures: 10 time signatures + 100 rhythms, tempo and volume adjustable
- USB memory: MP3/WAV recording and playback, 16-track MIDI, A-B loop; Internal: MIDI 10 songs, 2 tracks - max. 90,000 notes
- Lesson function: 558 titles in total. Titles by Czerny, Burgmüller, Beyer, Bach, Chopin and Hanon (incl. music book); titles by Alfred without music book. Additional finger training with 4 scales (major, n.minor, b.minor, m.minor), 2 arpeggios, 2 cadence and 2 chord exercises in all keys with evaluation function.
- 29 Piano Music Songs
- 176 Concert Magic Songs
- 33 demo songs
- 128 x 64 pixel OLED display
- Bluetooth Audio (Ver. 5.1 A2DP compatible); Bluetooth MIDI (Ver. 5.0; GATT compatible), compliant with Bluetooth Low Energy MIDI specification
- Speakers: 2 x 13 cm, 2x 8x12 cm (2 x 20W)
- Pedal: Grand Feel System with damper (half-pedal compatible), sostenuto, soft
- Connections: LINE IN (L / MONO, R), LINE OUT (L / MONO, R), headphones x 2 (stereo mini jack and 6.3mm stereo jack), USB (to Host + to Device)
- Extra wide, adjustable music stand
- Dimensions: 141cm x 87cm x 43,5cm
- Weight: 47,5 kg
LINE OUT L/R
USB to Host
Sounds & Rhythms
Recording & Player