The CN201 is the new entry in the Kawai CN series of mid-range digital pianos and successor to the popular CN29 model.
The CN201 uses an upgraded version of the Responsive Hammer III keyboard with better key action and new key damping for quieter playing. The superb Shigeru Kawai SK-EX concert grand sound is now reproduced in even greater detail thanks to a newly designed power supply. The new Low Balance feature allows intelligent sound adjustment for maximum expression, especially at low volumes. In addition, the CN201 is now equipped with Bluetooth audio connectivity, allowing wireless playback of audio songs from smartphones/tablets via the CN201. The new features of the CN201 can be intuitively selected via the newly designed control panel with 2.5" OLED display. In addition, operation is also possible via Kawai's PianoRemote and PiaBookPlayer apps to use sounds, settings and lesson songs with an iOS or Android device.
Authentic playing feel
The Responsive Hammer III (RHIII) action of the CN201 digital piano incorporates several features of a grand piano action that are essential for achieving a realistic playing experience. Thanks in no small part to the precise 3-sensor technology, the musician can expect a very natural playing feel. The keyboard weight is graduated to perceive the heavier bass hammers and lighter treble hammers of a mechanical piano, while structural reinforcements in the action ensure greater stability during fortissimo and staccato passages.
In addition, the CN201 digital piano features "Ivory Touch" key surfaces from Kawai. They support playing by absorbing finger moisture. In addition, the CN201 keyboard is equipped with a pressure point simulation that provides perfect control when playing pianissimo.
The CN201 digital piano reproduces the superb sound of the Shigeru Kawai SK-EX concert grand piano. The world-renowned Shigeru Kawai models are prized for their tonal clarity and are consistently found on the stages of concert halls and musical institutions. In addition, the CN201 digital piano also includes the special sound of the Kawai EX concert grand piano, which - among other grand pianos - is often chosen internationally by professional pianists for events such as the Chopin, Tchaikovsky or Rubinstein piano competitions.
All 88 keys of these two exceptional grand piano models have been painstakingly recorded and analysed. The unique characteristics of each note and the wide dynamic range of the sounds allow the pianist to express his emotional playing ... from soft pianissimo to powerful fortissimo. With the extensive possibilities of the Virtual Technician, the sounds can be perfectly adjusted. For example, you can individually adjust intonation, string resonance, damper resonance, damper noise, hammer noise and other details.
OLED display with easy operation
The OLED display, which is unique in this price range, makes operation very easy. All functions can be accessed via the newly designed control panel and the OLED display. No operation via the keyboard is necessary.
With the integrated Song Recorder, the CN201 digital piano allows you to record up to three songs into the internal memory and play them back at any time.
The powerful Lesson function helps the up-and-coming pianist learn to play the piano with an integrated collection of typical piano lesson practice pieces by Czerny, Beyer and Burgmüller or songs from the popular Alfred series. Each practice piece can be played with variable tempo, individual left or right hand playback.
SHS Headphone System
Spatial Headphone Sound (SHS) is a special feature of the new CN201 that adds spatial depth to the sound of the acoustic piano through headphones and also enhances the listening experience over a longer period of time.
In addition to the USB-to-host connection and MIDI connections, the CN201 is also equipped with Bluetooth MIDI technology, which allows wireless communication with smart devices (e.g. smartphone or tablet). This gives you the ability to conveniently use a wide range of music-related apps in conjunction with your CN201 digital piano.
Adjustable music stand
The slope of the music stand can be adjusted - as on a concert grand piano - to suit the player's position. If required, the CN Series music stand can also be placed completely horizontal.
Grad Feel Pedal System
The CN201 is equipped with the Grand Feel Pedal System. With this system developed by Kawai, the resistance when operating the three pedals (sustain, soft and sostenuto) corresponds to the pedal feel of a Shigeru Kawai SK-EX concert grand piano. Attention was also paid to the correct positioning of the pedals.
- Model: CN 201 B
- Sound system: Progressive Harmonic Imaging™, 88 keys sampling
- Colour: Black
- 19 sounds
- Polyphony: 192 notes
- Virtual Technician: Smart Mode: 10 presets, Advanced Mode (via PianoRemote App): Intonation, Damper Resonance, Damper Noise, String Resonance, Key-Off Effect (incl. Key-Off Release), Hammer Return Noise, Hammer Delay, Grand Piano Cover, Decay Time, Soft Pedal Intensity, Touch Response Curves (incl. 2 User Curves), Temperament (incl. User Temperament), Keynote of Temperament, Stretch Tuning, User Tuning, User Key Volume, Half-Pedal Adjust, Minimum Touch.
- Keyboard Modes: Dual Mode (Volume Ratio Adjustable), Four Hands Mode
- Hall: Room, Lounge, Small Hall, Concert Hall, Live Hall, Cathedral
- Keyboard: Responsive Hammer III
- Key material: Plastic
- Key surface: Ivory Touch
- Pressure point simulation
- 3 sensors
- Touch response curves: Light, Normal, Heavy, Off
- Keyboard cover
- Metronome: 7 time signatures, tempo and volume adjustable
- Recorder: 3 songs, 1 track, max. 10,000 notes
- Lesson Function: Burgmüller 25 (25 Etudes Faciles, Opus 100); Czerny 30 (Etudes de Mécanisme, Opus 849); Beyer (Vorschule im Klavierspiel, Opus 101); Czerny; Chopin Waltzer; Alfred's Basic Piano Library Lesson Book Level 1A; Alfred's Basic Piano Library Lesson Book Level 1B
- 40 Concert Magic Songs
- 19 demo songs
- Display: 128x128 pixel OLED
- Bluetooth Audio (Ver. 5.1; A2DP compatible); Bluetooth MIDI (Ver. 5.0; GATT compatible), compliant with Bluetooth Low Energy MIDI specification
- Pedals: Grand Feel System with damper (half-pedal compatible), sostenuto, soft
- Connections: Line OUT (L/R/Mono), 2 x headphones (stereo mini-jack and 6.3mm stereo jack), USB MIDI
- Music stand
- Dimensions: 136cm x 86cm x 40,5cm
- Weight: 43 kg
LINE OUT L/R
USB to Host
Sounds & Rhythms
Recording & Player