Kawai has been manufacturing musical instruments for over 90 years, maintaining traditional processes while incorporating the latest technological innovations. This experience enables our engineers to develop outstanding digital instruments time and time again.
The combination of impressive concert grand piano sounds and a keyboard with an authentic feel, make the KDP120 an inspiring instrument. It also features Bluetooth technology, built-in lesson tracks and a handy song recorder. This makes the KDP120 an ideal choice for experienced players looking for a second instrument to practice quietly with headphones, or as an entry-level instrument for beginners.
or as an entry-level instrument for beginners. The new KDP120: an excellent introduction to the world of Kawai digital pianos at an attractive price.
The KDP120 reproduces the special sound of the handcrafted and world-renowned Shigeru Kawai SKEX concert grand piano. All 88 keys of this exceptional instrument have been recorded and are faithfully reproduced when played on the KDP120 - thanks to Harmonic Imaging technology.
The Responsive Hammer Compact II (RHCII) keyboard action in the KDP120 is designed to authentically reproduce the fine, natural touch of an acoustic grand piano. The springless design of the keyboard naturally adapts the feel of moving
hammers in a natural way. In addition to graduated hammer weighting, the RHCII keyboard action is equipped with Kawai's 3-way sensor system to provide an even more authentic playing feel. Thanks to this system, you can, for example, strike a note again before releasing the key completely.
The KDP120 is equipped with Bluetooth MIDI technology, which allows wireless communication with supported smart devices. Once paired with a smartphone or tablet, musicians can control the KDP120 using the PianoRemote app or extend its functionality with a selection of music-related apps.
- Keyboard: RH-Compact II with improved damping material
- Key material: Plastic
- key surface: plastic matt
- Pressure point simulation: no
- Number of sensors: 3
- velocity curves: Light, Normal, Heavy, Off
- Keyboard cover: yes
- Sound system: Harmonic Imaging, 88 keys sampling
- Sounds: 15 (Concert Grand, Studio Grand, Mellow Grand, Modern Piano, Classic E.Piano, Modern E.Piano, Jazz Organ, Church Organ, Harpsichord, Vibraphone, String Ensemble, Slow Strings, Choir, New Age Pad, Atmosphere)
- "Low Balance Volume" feature for full sound even at low volumes
- Polyphony: 192 notes
- Virtual Technician: Smart Mode: 10 types; Virtual Technician iPad App (Touch Curve, Damper Resonance, Key-off Effect, Hammer Delay, Topboard Simulation, Decay Time, Minimum Touch, Stretch Tuning, Temperament, Temperament Key, User Key Volume, Half-Pedal Adjust, Soft Pedal Depth)
- Keyboard Modes: Dual Mode, 4-Hand Mode (incl. Volume/Balance Control)
- Reverb: Room, Lounge, Small Hall, Concert Hall, Live Hall, Cathedral
- Effects: yes, permanently assigned
- Amp Simulator: no
- Tunings: Equal (Piano Only), Pure (Major), Pure (Minor), Pythagorean, Meantone, Werckmeister III, Kirnberger III
- Metronome/ time signatures: 7 time signatures + 100 rhythms, tempo and volume adjustable
- Recorder: 3 songs, 1 track, max. 10.000 notes
- Lesson function: 161 practice pieces; Beyer (Vorschule im Klavierspiel, Opus 101), Burgmüller (25 Etudes Faciles, Opus 100), Czerny (Etudes de Mcanisme, Opus 849), Alfred's Basic Piano 1A/1B
- Piano Music Songs: no
- Concert Magic Songs: 40
- Demo Songs: 15
- Display: no
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth MIDI (ver. 4.0; GATT compatible), compliant with Bluetooth Low Energy MIDI specification
- USB Functions: USB-to-Host for USB MIDI
- Other features: Damper Resonance, Reverb, Touch, Tuning, Transpose, Brilliance, Spatial Headphone Sound, Phones Type, Auto Power Off, Bluetooth MIDI, Transmit Program Change Number, MIDI Channel, Local Control, Multi-timbral mode.
- Sound system: 12 cm x 2
- Power: 2 x 20W
- Power input: 15W
- Pedals: 3 pedals (sustain (half-pedal), soft, sostenuto)
- Music stand: yes
- Modernized key cover
- Connectors: MIDI (IN/OUT), headphones x 2, USB to host, power adapter
- Support for PianoRemote and PiaBookPlayer apps for iOS/Android
- dimensions: 136 x 85,5 x 40,5 cm
- Weight: 37 kg
LINE OUT L/R
USB to Host
Weighted hammer mechanics
Sounds & Rhythms
Reverb / Delay