For more than 25 years, guitars from Gieß have accompanied our colleague Roland from the München guitar department, so he has a special relationship with Lakewood. What he likes most about Lakewood guitars is the crystal-clear chord resolution and the distinct overtone range.
With its dreadnought body, the jet-black D-38 Custom of our colleague from Munich has a full and sonorous sound. The finest Tyrolean alpine spruce is used as top wood, which is very much appreciated for its voluminous sound with tight bouts. The back and sides of the D-38 are made of cherry wood, which is characterised by a soft, balanced sound. The combination of Alpine spruce and cherry makes the D-38 the ideal accompaniment for singer/songwriters. The soft midrange gives the voice free space, while tight bones and singing tops add richness and sparkle to the D-38's sound.
The highlight of the D-38 Custom is its jet black body, with contrasting koa binding and a rosette of two abalone rings. The fingerboard and bridge are made of ebony of selected quality and harmonise with the black finish of the body. To ensure that the sound of the D-38 Custom is reproduced authentically and accurately, Roland has equipped it with an LR Baggs Anthem pickup. A sturdy Hiscox case with Lakewood logo protects the guitar during transport between home, practice room and bar.
- Body shape: Dreadnought with cutaway
- Top: AAA European spruce, solid
- Rosette: Abalone without spar core
- Back & sides: Cherry, solid
- Binding: Koa (body,fingerboard, headstock, bridge)
- Headstock: Flat head , ebony overlay, pearl logo
- Neck: Mahogany
- Neck profile: C-shape
- Fingerboard & Bridge: Ebony
- Scale: 650 mm
- Neck width: 44 mm
- Saddle & Bridge inlay: Bone
- Mechanics: Lakewood ProTune I Gold with Koa wings, closed
- Bridge: Koa with pearl eye
- Pickup: LR Baggs Anthem
- Strings: Elixir Nanoweb Phosphor Bronze Light .012 - .053
- Finish: Black, high gloss
- Includes Hiscox case
Neck & Fretboard
Colour & Finish
Scope of Delivery