The first thing that stands out is that the user interface has become clearer. The old typical Boss pedal switches have been abandoned and standard switches are now used, as they are on many stompboxes. This creates space for a third function. What remains are the generous connection options and the two tracks that can be played in parallel.
The storage time has been significantly increased.
A full 13 hours are available to the user. The maximum playback time of a single track has been set at one and a half hours. So if you want to record a complete symphony and improvise to it - go ahead!
The drum parts have also been improved. 57 patterns, each with 2 variations, are available. In addition, there are 16 rhythm kits, which sets hardly any limits in the combination.
BOSS pedals have been distinguished for decades by their robust housing and, to a certain extent, unbreakable electronics. The intuitive operation, the long recording time and the excellent sound of the RC-500 loop station ensure that the number of fans of their products will certainly not decrease.
- Maximum storage time: 13h complete, 1.5h per track (stereo)
- File format: WAV
- Conversion AD/DA: 32 bit float
- Sample frequency: 44.1 kHz,
- Rhythm type: 57 patterns + 2 variations
- Rhythm kits: 16
- Memory slots: 99
- Effect:Loop FX for tracks - Beat Repeat, Beat Shift, Beat Scatter, Vinyl Flick
- Reverb (for rhythm only)
- Controls: Memory/ Value, Mic Level, Track 1, Track 2 (slider)
- Fuels: Rec/ Play, Stop, Track select
- Buttons: Edit Tr1/ Tr2, Rhythm Tempo, Rhythm On/ Off, Memory, Menu, Write Exit, Write Enter, Input
- Nominal Input Level: Mic In -40 dBu
- Maximum Input Level: MIC IN:+8 dBu/ INST IN A/MONO, B: +8 dBu
- Input Impedance: MIC IN: 4 kOhm, INST IN A/MONO, B: 1 MOhm
- Nominal Output Level: OUTPUT A/MONO, B:-10 dBu
- Maximum Output Level: OUTPUT A/MONO, B: +8 dBu
- Output Impedance: OUTPUT A/MONO, B: 1 kOhm
- Recommended Load Impedance: OUTPUT A/MONO, B: 10 kOhm or more
- Bypass: Buffered bypass
- Display: Graphic LCD (96x32 dots)
- Connections: Mic In XLR, Input A(mono), Input B, Output A(mono), Output B, CTL1/ 2, USB, MIDI In/ Out, Stop/ Memory, Power connector
- Power consumption: 330mA with phantom power, 240mA without phantom power
- Power supply: 4x AA/ LR6 (alkaline), mains adapter PSA-230 (not included)
- Lifetime with battery: max. 3.5h without Phantom Power, 2h with Phantom Power
- Measure: 170 x 138 x 62mm
- Weight: 850g (without batteries)
Scope of Delivery