With this model, the designers have come up with quite a few ideas. First of all, a fourth, so-called mid-range enhance control is noticeable, with which presence components can be added, which ultimately increases the perceived volume without raising the level. This makes sense especially when the user activates the "Low Boost" mode. The inconspicuous switch in the middle completely changes the character of the pedal by adding powerful bass and increased saturation via an LP filter and an alternative set of limiting diodes. As if that wasn't enough, the ST-9 also offers 9- or 18-volt operation via an internal charge pump, which ends up adding more headroom, improved dynamics and a bigger, chunkier tone to the overdrive.
Bigger, Badder, Bolder - those are the best three words to describe the ST-9 Pro+ Super Tube. The latest and possibly last reincarnation of Maxon's legendary 808 to date.
- Construction: Analogue Mono
- Controls: Drive, Mid Enhance, Level, Tone
- Mini-switch: Classic / Low Boost
- Voltage switch: 9 or 18V
- Connectors: In, Out (6,3mm jack mono)
- Display : Bypass/effect LED, 9 V LED, 18 V LED
- Power consumption: 12mA /9V, 36mA/18V
- Power supply: 9V.battery or mains adapter (-) inside
- Dimensions: 74 x 124 x 54mm
- Weight: 610g
Scope of Delivery