I think it's fair to say that Ikutaro Kakehashi, born in 1930, changed the world of music. The founder of Ace Tone, Roland and ATV, co-creator of MIDI and owner of more than 50 patents, Kakehashi was fascinated by radio and electrical engineering as a child and started his own radio repair business shortly after the end of the Second World War. Kakehashi quickly realised that in order to be successful, his creations had to be cheap, small and easy to understand and use by both amateurs and professional musicians. These experiences eventually flowed into the Boss compact pedals.
Since the 1980s, we have had the option of getting our effect sounds not only from single pedals, but also from multi-effect units. These have evolved in terms of sonic possibilities and features over time, but often require setting up effects in countless menus and submenus on a screen that often deserves to be called „Mäusekino“. The GT-1B is designed to be as intuitive as possible. All effect parameters can be adjusted with just three knobs, as if you were adjusting a single effect pedal, pressing „Enter“ confirms &changes, pressing „Exit“ leaves the current menu. Searching for a specific sound or creating your own is also very easy: a quick-select menu allows you to search for presets by description or select basic sounds, after which the unit creates a sound that can be fine-tuned if desired.
A tuner and a looper are also available, and the integrated pedal can be used as both a volume and expression pedal. Together with the typical Boss quality, the GT-1B proves to be a very good-sounding multi-effects unit with many useful features at a very reasonable price.
- Mode: digital
- Mono/ Stereo: Stereo
- knobs and controllers: DOWN switch; UP switch CTL1 switch EASY SELECT button; EASY EDIT button; FX1/ LIMITER button; OD/ DS button; PREAMP button; FX2/ MOD button; DELAY button; REVERB button; MEMORY EDIT button; EXIT button; ENTER button; MENU button 1 knob; 2 knob; 3 knob
- Download free professional patches and editing software from the BOSS Tone Central website
- Sample Frequency: 44.1 kHz in AF Method
- AD/ DA converter: 24 bit
- 90 effect types
- 99 user patches
- 32 second looper
- Inputs: 1x input (6.3 mm jack); stereo aux-in (3.5 mm jack)
- Outputs: 2x mono/stereo output (6.3 mm jack); 1x headphone output (3.5 mm jack); 1x foot switch connector (6.3 mm jack); 1x USB connector
- Power supply: 9 V DC power supply (coaxial connector, negative pole inside, not included)
- Power consumption: 200 mA
- Battery operation: possible
- Dimensions: 305 x 152 x 56 mm
- Weight: 1.3 kg
Scope of Delivery