Since its foundation in 1968, the US manufacturer Electro Harmonix has always been very active when it comes to innovation in the field of guitar and bass effects pedals. For example, EHX developed the first analogue delay, the first flanger pedal, the first guitar synthesiser in pedal format... all building on the success of the Axis or Foxey Lady fuzz, which quickly became very popular thanks to the Stones and a certain Jimi Hendrix.
The Enigma:Qballs is an envelope-filter effect with a distortion unit and is specially designed for use with the bass guitar. Wide-ranging controls allow a variety of sounds, from a clearly perceptible autowah to subtle modulation of the envelope, and the Mode knob lets you choose between three filter types. Start and Stop define the beginning and end of the frequency band to be processed, fine-tuning is done via the controls labelled Attack, Decay and Sensitivity. A distortion can also be switched on with the foot pedal. To get the tonal definition of the bass, the Enigma has different outputs for the dry and the effect signal. And last but not least, the pedal can be converted to a pedal wah when connected to an expression pedal.
- Mode of construction: analog
- Mono/ stereo: mono
- Controls: blend; mode; attack; decay; start; stop
- Switch: distortion on/ off; bypass on/ off
- Inputs: instrument input (6.3 mm jack); input for expression pedal (6.3 mm jack)
- Outputs: Amplifier output dry signal (6.3 mm jack); Amplifier output effect signal (6.3 mm jack)
- Power supply: 9 V DC power supply; (-) internal (not included)
- Battery operation: possible
- Bypass: True Bypass
- Dimensions: 187 x 127 x 64 mm
- Weight: 750 g
- Includes power supply
Scope of Delivery
Others E-Bass Effects