The 70s Custom Tele has little in common with what purists understand by a Telecaster. At the neck, a so-called Wide Range Humbucker is used, which fills the sound with midrange and a certain warmth. In the bridge position, we have the single coil, which is responsible for a traditional twangy sound.
The circuit with separate volume and tone controls for each pickup is not exactly typical for the design, but it does leave a lot of room for various mixed sounds.
Player-friendly features include a slim, comfortable C-shaped neck profile with an easy-to-play 9.5-inch radius fingerboard and narrow, high frets, and a vintage-style Telecaster bridge with barrel saddle after barrel saddle for solid tuning stability.
- Body: poplar
- Neck: maple, one-piece bolted
- Profile: "C" shape
- Fingerboard: Maple
- Radius: 9,5"
- Inlays: black dots
- Frets: 21, Narrow Tall
- Scale length: 648mm
- Pickup neck: Fender designed Wide Range Humbucking
- Pickup bridge: Fender Designed Alnico Single-Coil
- Controls: Volume, Tone, 3-way switch
- Hardware: Nickel
- Bridge: 3-saddle vintage-style Tele, string guide through the body
- Machine heads: Vintage Style
- Colour: 3-Color Sunburst
Neck & Fretboard
Colour & Finish
Scope of Delivery