Instead of rosewood, the models with dark fingerboards are now made of pau ferro (ironwood), a material that does not differ noticeably from the tried-and-tested rosewood in terms of sound and feel. Maple remained maple, of course. The headstock got the old Spagetti logo of the 60s. In addition to the familiar black and sunburst colours, the manufacturer presents us with a few variations that are definitely very tasteful.
Fender's Mexicans are instruments matured by tradition and experience, carefully assembled from high-quality components, working instruments with the charm of 60 years of music history.
- Body: alder
- Neck: maple,
- profile: modern C-shape
- Fingerboard: maple
- Radius: 9.5"
- Scale length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Neck width at nut: 1.650" (42 mm)
- Frets: 22 medium jumbo
- Pickguard: 3-ply white
- Pickups: New Player single-coil Strat pickups
- Controls: Master Volume, 2x Tone, 5-way switch
- Hardware: Chrome
- Bridge: 2-Point Synchronized Tremolo
- Machine heads: Standard Cast, closed
- Colour: Lake Placid Blue
- Made in Mexico
Neck & Fretboard
Colour & Finish
Scope of Delivery