With its first pedal amps, Blackstar shows that it is not at a loss for sensible solutions when it comes to providing the guitarist community with powerful tools for the stage. With a full hundred watts, the Amped 3 should be sufficiently equipped for all musical environments. For recording and practice situations, these can be throttled down to 20 or even one watt. Responsible for the power is a DSP-controlled Class-D power amplifier, which reacts to load resistances from speakers in a similar way to traditional amplifiers. As a result, Blackstar's Pedal Amp delivers an amazingly authentic sound, including all the subtleties of the feel of a real tube amp.
As an effect, the candidate is content with a well-sounding reverb. However, like its brothers 1 and 2, it has a DI-supported speaker simulation that can be edited extensively. The cab rig signal can be routed to the mixing console or DAW via the USB audio interface, the mono XLR or the stereo jack output.
The Amped 3 is a professional 100 watt guitar amplifier in a compact housing and ensures that the user can take his sound with him wherever he goes without much transport effort. Thanks to the power reduction to 1 W and the USB-C connectivity, it is at home in the studio as well as on stage.
- Construction: Transistor/ IR
- Power: 100W (20W, 1W switchable)
- Impedance: 8/ 16Ohm
- Channels: 3 (USA/ UK/ CLassic)
- Drive voicings: 3 (boost, drive, fuzz)
- Effects: Modulation, Delay, Reverb
- Power amp voicings: 3 (6L6, EL34, EL84)
- Connections: In (6.3mm jack), Loop (Insert), 2x Speaker Out (8/16Ohm), USB, Mains, 2x 9V Out (max 500mA), XLR, Midi in/Through
- Controls: Gain, Volume, Boost, Reverb, Presence, Master, Bass, Middle, Treble, ISF
- Mini-switch: 5
- Footswitch: 5 (Clean, Crunch, Overdrive; Boost, Reverb)
- Integrated tuner
- Dimensions: n/a
- Weight: 1.98 kg
Scope of Delivery
Dimensions & Weight
E-Gitarre Pedal Amp