Yamaha has been building affordable acoustic and electric stringed instruments at a consistently high level of quality for many years. The 304 from the TRBX series is characterised by a slim neck and an ergonomic body, which is well-balanced on the body whether played sitting or standing. With purpose-built electronics and solid hardware, the bass is capable of satisfying needs beyond beginner status. Made from solid mahogany, the TRBX305 with active electronics delivers a powerful sound with little noise. Even the low end, sometimes problematic on 5-string, sounds defined and balanced.
In addition to its active 2-band EQ, it has a performance EQ switch that provides five optimised sounds for playing techniques from slap to solo. The fifth string sounds amazingly defined for the price range. Upscale entry level with the option as a second instrument for semis and pros!
- Body: mahogany
- Neck: maple/mahogany; five-stripe; four screws
- Fingerboard: rosewood
- Inlays: white pearloid dots
- Bnds: 24x medium
- Scale: 864 mm
- Pickups: 2x MHB3n humbuckers; ceramic
- Controls: Volume; Balance; Bass Boost/ Cut; Treble Boost/ Cut; five-way switch to change between EQ presets (Slap; Pick; Flat; Finger; Solo)
- Hardware colour: Black Nickel
- Finish: Mist Green
Neck & Fretboard
34'' (Longscale Bass)
Colour & Finish
Scope of Delivery