When the renowned Japanese manufacturer ESP Guitars, founded in 1975, launched the LTD label in 1996, it was in order to allow a broader mass of musicians to participate in the quality and further developments of the instruments of the parent company, which are often inspired by American models.
Thus, the B-Series Bässe also reveal brainwork in the conception and much care in the production. The top is made of maple with a matt finish, which has a pattern caused by sponge, and makes each instrument a unique specimen. The base wood is ash. The neck is fivefold locked and sixfold screwed, nothing twists here, at the same time the construction ensures a very fast tone response. To ensure the longest possible sustain, the player can feed the strings (attention, use super long scales!) through the body from behind.
The pickups developed by ESP give the bass a slightly rough character, which benefits the assertiveness in the mix. This tone can be shaped in all directions with the help of the active three-band tone control. The fretless version is also more than worth considering, the tone sings in the mids and highs as you would expect from a fretless bass, yet the bass produces a solid foundation in the low frequency range and the B string aims towards the pit of the stomach.
- Body: ash
- Top: spalted maple
- Neck: maple/ jatoba; five-ply; six-bolt
- Neck profile: „extra thin U“
- Fingerboard: geröstette jatoba
- Inlays: none
- Scale: 864 mm
- Pickups: 1x ESP Designed SB-5B humbucker (bridge); 1x ESP Designed SB-5N humbucker (neck)
- Electrics: active three-band tone control
- knobs: 1x Volume; 1x Balance; 1x Bass Boost/ Cut; 1x Mid Boost/ Cut; 1x Treble Boost/ Cut
- Hardware colour: black nickel
- Bridge: LTD BB-605 with string guide through the body
- Mechanics: LTD
- Finish: Natural Satin
Neck & Fretboard
34'' (Longscale Bass)
Colour & Finish
Scope of Delivery