The Japanese company Ibanez can look back on a long and eventful history. While they had already developed their own designs for electric basses in the 1950s, it is the Soundgear basses, which have been produced in various versions since 1987, that still form the cornerstone of the bass programme of the renowned company.
The SR305E is a beautiful 5-string bass that was developed for experienced players. The bass starts with a flawlessly finished Nyatoh body. Other features include a sturdy 5-piece maple / walnut SR4 neck, a jatoba fingerboard and an Accu-Cast 120 bridge for superior string vibration transmission and precise intonation.
The heart of the SR300E's electronics are two PowerSpan Dual Coil pickups. Their stainless pole pieces offer higher power, clarity and finesse than others in the SR305 class. These proprietary pickups are accessible via the 3-way Power Tap switch and offer a choice of three tonal personalities: a rich humbucker sound, a pure single-coil sound, or an enhanced single-coil sound tempered by lows from the humbucker pickups.
- Body: Nyatoh
- Neck: Maple/ Walnut; five-stripe; four screws
- Neck profile: SR5
- Fingerboard: Jatoba
- Inlays: white pearloid dots
- Buds: 24x medium
- Scale: 864 mm
- Pickups: 2x PowerSpan dual coil humbuckers
- Electrics: Ibanez Custom Electronics 3-band EQ
- Controls: Volume, Balance, Bass Boost/ Cut, Mid Boost/ Cut, Treble Boost/ Cut, Three-way switch to switch between different pickup modes (Singlecoils, Singlecoils with Bass Boost, Humbucker serial)
- Hardware colour: Cosmo Black
- Bridge: Accu-cast B125
- Mechanics: Ibanez Die Cast
- Colour: Metal Silver Sunburst
Neck & Fretboard
34'' (Longscale Bass)
Colour & Finish
Scope of Delivery