Recently, the body shape was revised. The cutaway is a little deeper, which makes it easier to play up to the highest registers. In addition to the sophisticated electronics and the active T1 pickups, which are known for their low-noise performance, the BTBP605MS is visually attractive.
The T1 pickup is a humbucker with two separate, individually mounted coils that produces a tight bass response, punchy mids and clear highs. It offers flexible voicing to suit a variety of genres, and the height of each coil can be individually adjusted to add nuance to the tone.
Not to be forgotten is the neck, glued together from five strips for optimum stability and vibration transmission.
The Ibanez BTB605MS is aimed at friends of the highly interesting multiscale technology. The decreasing scale length towards the higher strings results in a lot of punch in the lower range, coupled with resonant vibration development in the upper registers. It is remarkable that multi-scale scales do not need time to get used to. On the contrary, this bass convinces with a comfortable playing feel.
- Body: Okume
- Neck: maple/ walnut 5-piece through-body
- Fingerboard: Panga Panga
- Radius: 400mm
- Trussrod accessible on body side
- scale: 37-35" multi scale (939.8 - 889mm)
- Frets: 24 + zero fret, medium stainless steel
- nut: 47mm
- Pickup: 2x T1 active
- Controls: Volume, Balancer, Bass, Mid, Treble
- Switches: Three-way centre frequency switch, EQ bypass switch (passive on control on treble pot)
- Hardware colour: Black
- Bridge: MR5
- Machine heads: Ibanez Die Cast
- Colour: Cerulean Aura Burst
- incl. Sofcase
Neck & Fretboard
Colour & Finish
Scope of Delivery