The neck is made of roasted maple, a process in which heat is applied to the wood. As a result, the material thickens, becomes significantly harder and resistant to post-drying.
The circuitry is sophisticated. Two DiMarzio Area J provide the electrical conversion of the powerful, overtone-rich resonance behaviour. Besides the active 3-band tone control, it is the blend control that provides a lot of possibilities due to the continuously adjustable mix ratio.
Charvel currently produces mostly in Mexico and it should be clear that the instruments are not behind the Fender instruments from the same location in terms of level. There is nothing to criticise about the quality. Thanks to its traditional shape, the bass lies well in the hand and can be played easily in all registers.
- Body: ash
- Neck: caramelised maple, bolt-on
- Profile: speed neck w. rounded fingerboard edges
- Fingerboard. rounded fingerboard edges
- Fingerboard: caramelised maple
- Radius: 12"-16" compound
- Fingerboard inlays: white dots
- Neck width: 38.1mm
- Bottom: 20, jumbo
- Scale: 35", 889mm
- Pickup: DiMarzi Areal J DP550 (middle), Area J DP551 (bridge)
- Electronics: Master Volume, Pickup Blend, 3-band EQ (Bass, Mid and Treble)
- Hardware: Gold
- Bridge: Charvel HiMass
- Mechanics: Charvel Open Gear
- Colour: Candy Apple Red Metallic
- Made in Mexico
Neck & Fretboard
34'' (Longscale Bass)
Colour & Finish
Scope of Delivery