The name Ampeg originally comes from a double bass pickup developed in 1946 by Everette Hull, one of the company's founders and himself a bassist and pianist, which Hull called amplified peg. The Portaflex amp, which could be turned around and recessed into its speaker cabinet for protection and transport, was to prove the standard bass combo of the 1960s and 70s. Ampeg's Super Valve Technology (SVT) amps have also been an integral part of the world's Bühns since 1969. Today, Ampeg is part of Yamaha, bringing together decades of experience from two major companies that are important to the history of the bass guitar and its amplification.
Ampeg's history is also the history of overdriven rock bass sounds, so it made sense to offer the popular scrambler circuit together with the preamp section of the manufacturer's BA amps in a handy format. The SCR-DI is a versatile preamp for bass and features a three-band tone control as well as the preshape switches „Ultra-Hi“ and „Ultra-Lo“ already known from large Ampeg amplifiers. The former raises the highs while lowering the mids; the latter boosts the highs. With the scrambler circuit, the SCR-DI offers a practical overdrive, where the clean signal can be mixed continuously with the distorted signal, so as not to lose definition, especially in the low range. Two connections for an external sound source and a low-noise headphone output are available, and the signal can be fed directly into the PA via a high-quality D.I. output.output, the signal can be fed directly into the PA or studio mixing console.
This means that the SCR-DI offers the typical Ampeg sound in a small format, thanks to its sturdy metal housing, fully suitable for touring and constructed in proven Ampeg quality..
- Mode: analog
- Mono/ Stereo:mono
- Controls: Drive; Blend; Volume; Bass (+ / - 14 dB at 40 Hz); Mid (+ 5/ - 11 dB at 500 Hz); Treble (+ 16/ - 15 dB at 4 kHz); Aux Level
- Switch: Ultra Lo (+ 1 dB at 40 Hz, - 10 dB at 500 Hz); Ultra Hi (- 5 dB at 8 kHz); Scrambler on/ off; Pedal on/ off; D.I.-Output ground lift on/ off; Pad switch (in the housing), dampens input level by 15 dB
- Inputs: Instrument input (6.3 mm jack); Thru input (6.3 mm jack); Aux input (6.3 mm jack); Aux input (3.5 mm jack)
- Outputs: D.I. output (XLR); Line output (XLR).output (XLR); line output (6.3 mm jack); headphone output (3.5 mm jack)
- Power supply: 9 V DC mains adapter; (-) internal (not included)
- Power consumption: 100 mA
- Battery operation: possible
- Bypass: True Bypass
- Dimensions: 193 x 56 x 110 mm
- Weight: 1.2 kg
Dimensions & Weight