Handbag amplifiers are in vogue. The Tone Hammer TH 700 weighs just 2.2 kg and is, as far as weight and dimensions are concerned, rather small. However, when it comes to power and sound, things are different.
With 700 watts at 4 or 2.67 ohms or 350 watts at 8 ohms, housed in a sturdy aluminium cabinet, this lightweight is a real showpiece. Important applications, effect path and DI-out with post/pre and ground lift switch, are accessible from the front, which is practical for an amp that is usually used for studio and club sessions. The rear of the amp is correspondingly tidied up. The professional Speakon connectors are definitely a plus. The operation is intuitive and understandable even for the technically less experienced. With a three-band EQ, whose mid-range is parametrically controlled, gain and master control, the amp corresponds to today's standards. The drive control deserves special attention. Here the player can thicken and roughen his sound aggressively. The highs are reproduced silkily. The parameters allow the sound to be scooped for funky grooves or thickened for rocking, sliding eighth-note lines.
The top workmanship, the low weight and the mature sound are still worth a recommendation.
- Channel: 1
- Power: 700 watts into 4 and 2.67 ohms, 350 watts into 8 ohms
- Impedance: 2.67/ 4/ 8 ohms
- Integrated effects: none
- Controls: Gain; Drive; Mid Level (+/ - 16 dB at 180 Hz to 1 kHz); Mid Frequency; Bass (+/ - 17 dB at 40 Hz); Treble (+/ - 14 dB at 4 kHz); Master
- Switch: Input - 10 dB on/ off; D.I.-Output pre/ post EQ; D.I.-Output ground lift on/ off; Mute on/ off; Voltage selector 115 Volt/ 230 Volt
- Input: Instrument input (6.3 mm jack); Effect return (6.3 mm jack)
- Output: Effect send (6.3 mm jack); D.I.-output (XLR); 2x loudspeaker output (XLR).output (XLR); 2x speaker output (Speakon); tuner output (6.3 mm jack)
- Battery operation: not possible
- Dimensions: 305 x 229 x 77 mm
- Weight: 2.2 kg
Scope of Delivery
Dimensions & Weight
E-Bass Top Transistor