To get this sound, the Japanese company Tama gave the Starphonic snare drums a new hoop, bout and lift-off design, mounted on a selection of uniquely constructed shells.
Thanks to the design of the "Freedom Lugs" as well as the "Claw Hooks" the tensioning claws can simply be folded away to the side after slightly loosening the screws. The grooved hoop can be quickly removed and refitted in this way, allowing for an extremely quick and easy change of skins.
This system is further refined by a quickly removable butt-end, which also speeds up the change of the head.
The fine settings of the snare carpet are thus 100% preserved, and there is no need for further fine adjustment.
Note: The videos do not show the scope of delivery.
- Model: PAL146 Starphonic Aluminium Snare Drum
- Cup size:14" x 6"
- Cup finish: Aluminium, matt brushed
- Cup material: Aluminium 1,2 mm, seamless (Seamless Aluminum)
- Hardware finish: Chrome
- Tension hoops: Grooved Hoops without holes
- Tensioning Hoops: Freedom Lugs & Claw Hooks
- Snare Lift: "Linear-Drive" Strainer
- Removable Butt-End
- Snare Carpet: Super Sensitive Hi-Carbon Snare Wire MS20RL14C
- Fine Carpet Adjustment via Ratchet Style Snappy Tension Adjuster
- Made in Japan